Friday, May 16, 2008

For my friend, Liz

The bulbs I never thought would bloom...

Liz bought 6 iris bulbs at a local market here in Italy. I talked her into giving them to me b/c she didn't know where she would plant 6 bulbs. She had larger beds. I have been waiting and waiting while all the irises around me bloomed. I truly thought these weren't going to bloom before we left Italy. I was so excited to see them blooming yesterday morning! I even tried to talk Drew into letting me sneak the bulbs into my suitcase but he swears I will get busted and carted off to jail or something. Guess we'll see if I am feeling rebellious or not...you never know.

Grady's pansies...

When my friend Liz was leaving, we dug up her pansies and put the in a plastic grocery bag. Well, I forgot them overnight at her house and the next morning, we found pansies drug all over the yard by her very playful dog Grady. I expected them to die, but I planted them anyway. That was in November! These pansies have been blooming ever since in a bed I have not been able to grow anything in. Everytime I see them, I smile and think of Liz and Grady. Thanks Grady! You've got the touch!

1 comment:

Dyllan's Dependents said...

thanks. Everything looks so good. I really can't believe those flowers survived. Miss you.
Liz